Thursday 24 January 2013

Friday?


Nope it's Thursday.... All week I've been eating like my health matters. Cutting out the snacking, drinking more water, eating kale and chickpeas, passing on the fried foods. It's only been a week..so not a huge difference in the waistline but I feel better as a human being for caring.

The thought crossed my mind though. Why is it we have all these warnings of what not to do, like don't put your hands on a hot stove, don't run out in front of traffic, don't, don't, don't. Some things we heed by experience. I once put my hand on a hot stove..lesson learned, I always look both ways before I cross the street....but why is it we pick and choose which advice to follow? Why do we CHOOSE to do the wrong thing? I know that eating chocolate, chips, large size portions is a no-no. I CHOOSE to drink that can of pop...It's weird how we do things knowing it will lead to bad consequences. Why do people smoke? Why do we harm ourselves? I guess if we knew the answer, people would not be dying from smoking related diseases, diabetes would be a thing of the past and the worlds population would be quadrupled if not more. I would be a billionaire if I could come up with a universal answer to this question. Here is an interesting article I found regarding this thought. Why do we harm ourselves?

My Mother and I were speaking the other night. she said she no longer uses the word diet. the word diet is understood to be a short term plan. She Teaches me that we need to train our brain to know what we can eat...not what we can't eat. I often complain, I shouldn't eat sugar, I shouldn't eat bread after 5, I shouldn't have this-a that-a-this-a that.....So now I'll change my dialogue..I can eat chickpeas and kale, I can have chicken and broccoli...you get the picture...Once again focus on the positive and strengths in any given situation and your mind doesn't feel like it's being held hostage by a diet Guru. We make one change at at time and eventually those changes add up to that person we are striving to be. My changes are slowly but surely taking shape. Hope is on my side and I wish the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment