Tuesday 6 November 2012

My Doctor told me so...

There are a few reasons I need to lose weight. One huge reason is diabetes runs rampant in our family, I do not want to fall victim to this disease because I am lazy, or not motivated enough. 2nd reason, I had a DR appointment 2 summers ago, at the time I was at 152. I was feeling pretty good about how I looked, she told me if I want to have kids and avoid problems due to obesity I should try to drop atleat 30 pounds. Instead I went up 12 pounds. My last reason for needing to accomplish this weight loss is because of the exercise. In the past I've had problems with depression and panick attacks. I know that with exercise you can eliminate these problems. So my need to accomplish this goal of losing weight runs much deeper than vanity, much deeper than wearing an outfit that expresses who I am...It's about not feeling like I've failed myself.

I do not understand this need to sabotage myself. There are certain people if they need to lose weight they just do it. I tend to find 20 reasons not to do something then feel like crap for not doing it month and month later. This carefree attitude has created more grief then good in my lifetime. Lastnight I did not do my 20 minutes on the eliptical. No amount of justification can make me feel good about my choice. But on a postitive note, I came so close to not packing my lunch today because I knew I could buy lunch and breakfast. Crises averted, I quickly packed my breakfast and lunch and I feel like I somewhat kept on track.

The truth of the matter is, we are here today and that is what matters. I am here today to make a difference in my life and those who wish to be part of my life.  If I forgo today for a lame reason such as sitting on my ass rather than jumping on the eliptical for 20 minutes I am only hurting myself and disapointing those that have faith in me. not only did I break my word, I also lost a day to build on my character, my honor.  My father once told me, your word is your honor...I've treated my word like an ennemy, I'm ready to make friends with this little thing called "your word".

So Doctor, I am going to lose this weight and make everyday I am here on earth worthwhile. I will be happy in my skin and proud of my accomplishements..the things I have control of will not be my obstacles in life

I mentioned I will talk about the things I am doing to help me lose my weight and lead a healthier life. One of the things I do is pack a small bag or raw almonds



Eating almonds in moderation promotes lower cholesterol levels, prevents heart disease and can help with weight loss.

This is what a serving of almonds looks like:

 
1:45pm- I just got back from my workout! did 20 minutes on the elliptical, weights (arms) and sit ups. Now for my workout tonight! Stay tuned for my update declaring victory over that 20 minute workout at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment