Tuesday 8 January 2013

What if Money didn't matter





Whenever I get sick I find I moan and groan and revert back to a state of being that is very unattractive. I keep telling myself to write something positive, but the truth of the matter is I'm one miserable biatch! All I want to do is crawl under the covers and create a world with me, the bed and my nice big comforter.

I keep getting this feeling  that the world ill prepared me on what to  expect when I got older. When we were younger there were snow days where you stayed home, watched TV and wondered what mom and dad would cook when they get home..when we got older snow days took on a whole other meaning, dress warm and drive safe to work then come home and prepare something to eat. A note from mom and dad saying their little love bug is sick could she please stay home doesn't seem to cut it either. It seems like we had it so good when we were younger but everything comes at a price- we had a bed time and were told when to eat, what to eat...thoughts of "when I get older I can make my own choices" crossed our minds. Now that we are older we have choices, staying up past 10 is our choice, but we pay for it when we wake up the next morning. We now get a note saying we can't go to work, but it's from the doctor, not from the loving hands of mom and dad. We go to work and forge along like little troopers, taking orders from the big guy so we can pay the other big guy. Sick or not, a little tummy cramp is no longer an excuse to play hooky.

I will say this, there is a silver lining in being sick- getting pampered with love: "aww muffin, you must feel horrible..let me cook you a nice supper" or "go draw a nice warm bath and when you get out I'll rub your feet". Moments like these really help you to appreciate being sick and sometimes makes you want to prolong your coughing just to see what else you can get from being sick...But with this flu I would rather cook supper for a football team and call it a day..I am still losing weight on this horrible horrible diet. But no amount of weight loss could ever make up for how crappy I  feel.

These are some little thoughts that cross my mind but the above video made me wonder. Why are some people living the life of sailing on a boat with a side of caviar and champagne while others go to work sick trying to keep up with the bills?  We all have dreams and passions that are stifled by the need to survive in this money driven world.  It's a shame that we can't all do what we love. I am lucky I can find time to enjoy my hobby and share it with those who have an appreciation for handmade jewelry. I am grateful to have a job that allows me grow as a person. If money didn't matter I would be a stay at home mom who made jewelry. Who knows, maybe one day  that could be a reality, but for now I sit at my desk among people who live by the slogan another day another dollar.

What are your dreams and passions? What would you be doing if money wasn't an object? What is the world missing out on because you are doing something other than your calling? Wouldn't the world be a happier place if we could all be doing what we feel we are here to do on earth?  My thoughts are rather utopian. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world where money doesn't matter..rather money is what makes the world go round.

I hope you've enjoyed the above video and rant. Please share with me your thoughts! Leave a comment and if you're on Facebook, check out my page 2dash3. ~x0x

No comments:

Post a Comment